Today, with various other developments in technology, cybercrime, and other corporate data theft acts have also increased at a fast rate. Therefore, we at Computer Data Shred Limited not only understand your concerns about the privacy of your personal information but also keep it at top priority.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Types of User Data
There are multiple ways through which we collect the following information about you.
The data includes your
- Email address
- Shipping address
- Phone number
- Demographic information such as (postcodes, preferences, age, gender, etc)
You provide this kind of basic information to us willingly while getting registered with our company’s site https://www.computerdatashred.co.uk/or engaging in any other online activities on our site such as live chat, adding reviews, or filling forms.
You are in no way bound to provide any kind of personal information; however, in case of opting out of some queries, you might face denial for some features on our website.
This is the information that we collect when you land on our website. The derived information includes;
ü Your IP address
ü Web browser type and version
ü Operation systems
ü A list of URLs; referring site
ü The pages you visited on the site
ü Total time spent on the site
ü And the site your exit to
How Do We Use Your Stored Information?
We use your stored information legitimately in compliance with GDPR, and it is used for the following purposes.
- To provide you with a user-friendly, smooth, and personalised experience on our website.
- To create and manage your accounts.
- To send you newsletters about the new products, promotions, new services discounts, or any other business-related update, which you may find interesting.
- To contact you for the marketing purpose.
- To monitor your activities and search trends on our website, to provide you with a more customized experience.
- To increase the efficiency and working of the website.
- Where legitimate, we may share your data with our chosen supply chain or logistic partners, with the surety that this information wouldn’t be used in any illegal way.
Legitimate Sharing of your Data
We, at Computer Data Shred Ltd. are obliged to keep the privacy of your data; however, it is shared legitimately in the following ways.
Legally or to Preserve Rights
Your stored information will only be shared when necessary and that too, as per laws and regulations. It will be shared in response to a legal process, to investigate or cope with potential breaching of our policies.
We may also need to share your data when subject to a court order or government authority for legal proceedings for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
NOTE: We do not share your data with our affiliates.
How do we secure stored information about you?
From data collection to its storage and processing, at every step, we take legal and purposeful measures to maintain the security of your personal information.
In order to protect your data from unauthorised access, such as user/password hacking, account info theft, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, we at Computer Data Shred Private Ltd use all technical, administrative, and physical measures.
There are the following ways we safeguard your personal information;
- Immediately removing the personal data, after it is no longer useful for us.
- Make it a legal obligation for our staff members and service providers to keep up the confidentiality of the users.
- Use special and allowed measures during the storage and emission of your personal information.
- Using SSL (secure socket layer) which is an industry-standard encryption protocol to transmit data received from the users.
How Long do We Keep your Data Stored?
We at Computer Data Shred Private Ltd keep your data stored with us, as long as it is required for a certain purpose, such as providing you with a particular product or service. Once the contract between us is expired or when you delete your user account on our website, we will remove all your personal info which is stored with us.
However, it could only be kept when some legal procedures are to be completed such as the taxation process. The data that we may save for a longer period is your contact details and your interest in our products or services which we can use in the future to send you marketing emails (but you may unsubscribe anytime).
What’s in your control? Know it!
Our users have the rights and control of sharing or not sharing their personal information with us. However, they will only be able to use those rights when they know about them in detail. Given below is the detail of some controls features through which you can willingly keep or share your personal information.
- You may request a copy of your personal information that we have collected and saved with us through our website, social media email, or phone call.
- While visiting our website, the user is asked to subscribe to get any of the updates regarding our products or services; nonetheless, it is in the user’s control either to deny or accept that option.
- In case you subscribe to our newsletters or updates or any other correspondence, and at any instant in the future, you no longer want to receive them, click on the unsubscribe button or use any of the given opt-out options.
- If you don’t want to receive updates or correspondence from a third party, you need to contact them directly.
- You may enjoy some of the features on our website without giving any personal information.
While visiting our website, you show your consent about the storage and usage of your personal information which we collect by using cookies.
The mere purpose of cookies is to enhance your browsing experience and product or service search on our website.